Office Insiders on Android are getting a new update in the Insider Slow Ring.
Build 16.0.13127.20012 is now available in the Store and carries a bunch of new features that will helps users working with PDF documents every once in a while.
Write text on PDFs
You can now add text to your PDFs using our new text annotation capabilities to write notes, fill out forms, or add initials on documents.
Start where you left off in PDFs
You can now continue reading files from where you had left them. We remember your last read location in PDFs.
Save PDFs as Word documents
You can now convert your PDF files to Word documents in a variety of ways. There are a few ways to enable this feature:
- Go to the Actions tab and tap PDF to Word.
- Select any PDF file’s triple dot (…) next to it from the Home tab’s most recently used items.
- Open any PDF, go to more options and select PDF to Word.
Tell Word what to do
Now you can use voice commands to undo, delete, format text, and start lists.
How it works
1. On an Android Phone, tap the small microphone icon to toggle on the dictation experience.
2. Tap on the large microphone icon and start speaking.
3. Insert punctuation at any time by saying them explicitly or using the punctuation toolbar.
4. At any time, tap the microphone again to pause dictation or tap the keyboard button to switch back to the keyboard.
5. Fix mistakes by using touch to delete the content and speak again or toggling on the keyboard.
Source: MS Office Insiders