Microsoft has released yet another Office Insider update for Windows 10 which includes PCs, tablets as well as mobile devices. Version 17.7571.xxxx brings a bunch of new features such as improved support for accessibility, sharing notifications and more.
If you use the OneNote app, there is a new feature which lets you change the page background color. On Surface devices, Surface Pen gets more helpful.
What is New:
- Accessibility built right in to Office Mobile We have improved support for using Narrator and other assistive technologies as well as your keyboard to edit documents with others, sort data in worksheets, read and edit presentations, and more.
- Sharing Notifications in Word Mobile, Excel Mobile and PowerPoint Mobile No need to keep checking your shared documents, workbooks, or presentations. We’ll send you a notification when there’s activity. This feature is available with an Office 365 subscription only.
- Open more file types with Excel Mobile You can now open more file types than you before, such as files that contain snapshots from your Camera tool.
- Page background colors now in OneNote Does your OneNote page need a change? Switch it up by adding a background color in just one click and change the mood of your page.
- Lasso Select now at your fingertips with PowerPoint Mobile The Surface pen button allows you to use lasso select on ink without visiting the ribbon.
- Use your Pen to select and change objects in PowerPoint Mobile Grab object handles with the Surface pen to resize, rotate, move, and more. This feature is available with an Office 365 subscription only.
In case you don’t know, Office Insider program enables you to download and preview features coming to Office 2016 before the general public. You can read and learn how to join the program by heading over to this link.