Outlook for iOS and Android has received a new update. The latest update brings new features such as redesigned navigation experience and the ability to quickly switch between accounts and browse folders. In addition, new intelligent search capabilities which are coming soon feature powered by Microsoft Graph.
In terms of changes, The latest update brings the redesigned conversation experience makes it easy to stay on top of discussions, whether you’re talking to friends and family, classmates, colleagues or with your groups. The latest update also comes with Navigation where you can quickly switch between accounts and folders.
Also, the new intelligent search, coming soon to Outlook for iOS and Android, will help make it easier to find an item while on the go.
Check out the full cahngelog below:
Conversations—email that’s fast and interactive
The redesigned conversation experience makes it easy to stay on top of discussions, whether you’re talking to friends and family, classmates, colleagues or with your groups.
Here’s a look at some of our recent updates to make catching up on what’s happening in email more effortless:
- Outlook now shows more of your conversation at once and provides clearer separation between individual messages, making it simpler to catch up on your conversations.
- When you tap on a conversation to read it, Outlook automatically opens to show the first unread message. You can pick up right where you left off without scrolling.
- You can now quickly reply to everyone by simply tapping the quick reply box and starting to type. When you’re done, just tap the send button to see your message added to the conversation. This means that you are now finally able to see the rest of the conversation while you type your reply.
- If you want to do more with a conversation than just quickly reply, simply tap the recipients list to edit, or the ellipsis to get to the additional actions, like Forward.
Navigation—quickly switch between accounts and folders
Outlook works with all your accounts—from Office 365 to Outlook.com and Gmail. We’ve heard from many people that they wanted a quicker way to switch between accounts or browse folders.
As a result of your feedback, we made the following updates to make navigating in Outlook effortless:
- The account and folder menu has been beautifully redesigned to give you super-fast access to all your accounts, as well as key folders such as Inbox, Drafts and Groups. Pro tip: Press and hold on an account avatar to pin the sidebar open!
- Help and Settings buttons are easy to get to in the sidebar, making it even quicker to get in-app product support. While we hope you don’t ever need to contact our support team, we know we’re not perfect, and there are times you could use a helping hand. They’re always available and ready to help, all within the app!
Coming soon—a more intelligent search, front and center
All too often, finding the information you need quickly can be a painful task. The new intelligent search, coming soon to Outlook for iOS and Android, will help make it easier to find an item while on the go.
Changes will include:
- Search will be front and center in the app’s simplified tab bar. No matter where you are, the new search will be a tap away. Our goal is to bring more proactive and contextual information to your fingertips without even needing to type in a search box.
- People and Files will be seamlessly integrated as part of the search experience. There’s a section for People and Files—both with proactive suggestions.
- When typing a name in the search box, it will instantly display suggestions from your most frequent contacts. Tapping on a person provides one-tap access to the new People card announced a few weeks ago.
The new intelligent search is powered by the Microsoft Graph and lights up immediately with the content from your top contacts, upcoming travel itineraries, package deliveries and recent attachments—with many more exciting things to come!