Today, at WinHEC 2016, Microsoft officially revealed the minimum PC specs for any Windows 10 PC to support Virtual Reality.
In case you are not aware, Microsoft is already working with partners like Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, and Lenovo to deliver the first HMDs capable of virtual reality and are expected to arrive in early 2017.
The minimum specs are not very demanding, though, you should be able to meet the standard at-least so that you can experience the VR for good.
Minimum PC specs for Windows 10 Virtual Reality:
- CPU: Intel Mobile Core i5 (e.g. 7200U) Dual-Core with Hyperthreading equivalent
- GPU: Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620 (GT2) equivalent or greater DX12 API Capable GPU
- RAM: 8GB+ Dual Channel required for integrated Graphics
- HDMI: HDMI 1.4 with 2880×1440 @ 60 Hz or HDMI 2.0 or DP 1.3+ with 2880×1440 @ 90 Hz
- HDD:100GB+ SSD (Preferred) / HDD
- USB: USB 3.0 Type-A or USB 3.1 Type-C Port with DisplayPort Alternate Mode
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0 for accessories
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.