Skype for Business on Mac is a new IM client application that provides great communication experiences for Apple users. It supports features like one-click join, edge-to-edge video, and full screen sharing giving you a superior Skype Meetings experience.
The April 2017 update adds a single new feature, enabling peer-to-peer file transfers but there are certainly a lot of improvements to the overall app experience as well as some bug fixes.
Here is a quick run down of new improvements and fixes:
- When a user receives an incoming call, the video preview and the video button for answering the call show up on the incoming ring panel.
- A Skype for Business user who receives a call from a Delegate on behalf of a Delegator will now see the call is made on behalf of the Delegator.
- When a user saves the ring device settings, the selection is saved after the application restarts.
- Names in the Contacts list are sorted alphabetically.
- Users are informed they have been rejected from joining a meeting when they try to join multiple times.
- Fixed the error message that is shown when a user tries to create a contact group that already exists.
- Fixed Exchange connection issues.
- Implemented minor bug fixes.
- Fixed crash issues.
The latest update is available from the Microsoft AutoUpdate (MAU), under Help > Check for Updates.
Alternatively, you can download the standalone installer from Microsoft Download Center.