Visual Studio Code is a cross-platform, light-weight code editor available for Windows, Linux as well as macOS. It combines the simplicity of a lightning fast source code editor with powerful developer tooling, like IntelliSense code completion and debugging.
The latest November release (version 1.19) for Visual Studio Code includes a number of significant updates like Faster startup and other performance improvements, New VS Code diagnostics, logging, and extension monitoring, Easily view terminal output in a VS Code editor, Learn how to debug Next.js, Meteor projects and applications using the nodemon utility. and more
Here are some of the key highlights:
Bug fixes as well as community PRs still resulted in a great list of updates. Here are some of the release highlights:
- Performance – Faster startup and other performance improvements.
- Serviceability/Diagnostics – New VS Code diagnostics, logging, and extension monitoring.
- Smarter IntelliSense – IntelliSense remembers your previous suggestion choices.
- Better Tab layout – Tabbed headers can scale to fit the available space.
- Git side-by-side image diff – Git source control provider can display image changes side by side.
- Pipe output into VS Code – Easily view terminal output in a VS Code editor.
- New debugging recipes – Learn how to debug Next.js, Meteor projects and applications using the nodemon utility.
The release notes are arranged in the following sections related to VS Code focus areas. Here are some further updates:
- Workbench – Compare your active file to the Clipboard contents.
- Editor – Folding improvements, interval line numbers, support macOS global Clipboard.
- Languages – TypeScript 2.6.2, JSX fragment syntax, new JSON with comments mode.
- Debugging – Undefine env variables per session, better VARIABLES rendering.
- Extensions – Choose which extensions are active in your workspaces.
- Extension Authoring – Pre-release extension support, yo code can enable TSLint and checkJS.
For more information on each new feature, head to the source page or click on the individual links above.
Download Visual Studio Code