Microsoft has today pushed a new Fall Creators update preview build for insiders in Fast Ring. The Build 16299 is now available and can be installed. The build comes at a time when Microsoft is looking forward to intensifying the final round of testing for Fall Creators update. Very soon insiders may be treated with the Fall Creators update RTM build.
Here is the full official changelog for the Build 16296.
Windows 10 Build 16299 Changelog:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue some Insiders were experiencing where after upgrading to recent flights their optical drive wouldn’t be listed under This PC.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might crash when scrolling embedded PDFs.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing 0x80070005 when trying to upgrade to the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue where using the Automatic File Download notification to block an app from downloading files wasn’t working for UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Defender potentially downloading files selected to be online-only after using the file picker dialog and viewing their thumbnails.