Microsoft has pushed a new Windows 10 Redstone 5 preview Build 17634 that brings many new features to itself. The build is now available for insiders in Skip Ahead ring and can be downloaded and installed.
In terms of changes, the latest update brings Search in Calendar for Windows 10. Also brings support for voice queries in Cortana Show Me app.
Check out what’s new in Windows 10 Build 17634 in detail below.
What’s new in Build 17634
Search is now available in Calendar for Windows 10!
Now you can find past or future events by searching for the name, location, people included or words in the event body. Events that match your search will be clearly visible on your calendar, while those that don’t will be greyed-out so you can find what you need quickly.
Search will work for Outlook, Hotmail, Live and Office 365 accounts. We do not yet support searching Exchange Server, Gmail, Yahoo or other IMAP calendars.
Cortana Show Me now supports voice queries
Last week, we introduced Cortana Show Me, a preview app designed to show you around Windows 10 settings. We’re here with some updates to try – you can now launch the app through voice queries. Simply say to Cortana, “Show me how to change my background,” and you’ll get the previous help results, with a new “Let’s go” button below, which launches the guided help experience. Everything else is the same as last week – the app is available in English (US and Great Britain) and in German, and there are 15 settings guides. While most Insiders don’t need pointers like this, it’s for all the friends and family we have who need a pointer – please share it with them.
Note: If you’re using keyboard navigation with your device, you will need to use Alt + Tab to move between Settings and Cortana Show Me.
Here are some voice queries to try:
- Update Windows – Try, “Update my Windows device”
- Check if an app is installed – Try, “How to see what apps are installed”
- Uninstall an app – Try “How to uninstall apps”
- Change your desktop background – Try, “Show me how to change my background”
- Use Airplane Mode – Try, “How do I turn on airplane mode”
- Change your display brightness – Try, “Show me how to change my screen brightness”
- Add nearby printers or scanners – Try, “How to add a printer”
- Turn off Windows Defender Security Center – Try, “Show me how to turn off Windows Defender Security Center”
- Change Wi-Fi settings – Try, “Show me how to change Wi-Fi network”
- Change your power settings – Try, “How to change when my computer goes to sleep”
- Discover Bluetooth devices – Try, “Show me how to discover devices”
- Check your version of Windows – Try, “How do I find my current version of Windows”