Microsoft has today pushed a new Windows 10 Insider preview Build 18247 for Skip Ahead. The build 18247 brings with itself couple of changes and packs lots of fixes and improvements. Check details of what’s new and fixed below.
The Build 18247 also has some known issues that you may like to read before installing the build.
Please note: This build won’t be available for PCs running 64-bit Windows 10 Home and Pro editions in Czech (cs-cz).
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator text to speech not making sense when reading Narrator’s Quick Start pop up in Japanese.
- We fixed an issue resulting in app icons sometimes becoming invisible in the taskbar in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue that could result in an IME not working in Microsoft Edge the first time it was launched.
- We fixed an issue resulting in WebView controls potentially not responding to keyboard.
- Rolling out this week, along with more bug fixes, we have added a “Preview” tag to Your Phone app as we continue to finetune the based on your feedback. Keep it coming via Feedback Hub.
- When using dark mode, File Explorer’s context menu has an unexpectedly thick white border.
- Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage. This should be fixed in the next flight.
- Arrows to expand “Background processes” in Task Manager are blinking constantly and weirdly.