Microsoft has now pushed Windows 10 Redstone PC Build 14385 to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring. The Build as expected doesn’t bring any major noticeable new features but does bring lots of fixes and improvements. There are known issues with this Build as well. Read on to check the official changelog below.
Improvements and fixes for PC:
- You should no longer see a notification pop-up once a day saying that your Windows evaluation copy expires on 7/15/2016. I know this has caused a lot of you some angst so thank you for being patient.
- We have improved battery life for Surface devices.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Spotify sometimes crashing while playing music.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Google Chrome window being clipped on the top when maximized.
- We fixed an issue with Mobile Hotspot that could result the host device bug-checking (bluescreen) and rebooting if it was sharing on a 5GHz band and the connected device browsed to certain websites.
- We fixed an issue where the pin prompt shown when connecting to certain VPNs would display behind the other open windows.
- We fixed an issue resulting in LastPass and AdBlock extensions for Microsoft Edge not showing the expected context menu items or status information in subsequently opened Edge windows. We also fixed an issue where the current tab in Edge might hang after exiting Web Notes.
- Projecting to a PC auto-discoverability is off by default. To have your PC beacon so it can be discovered and you can project to it through the Connect quick action from a Continuum enabled phone or another PC, go to Settings > System > Projecting to this PC and set “Windows PCs and phones can project to this PC when you say it’s OK” to “Available everywhere” or “Available everywhere on secure networks”. You can also set other settings on this page to your preference.