Microsoft has now pushed Windows 10 Redstone 2 Build 14931 to Insider in Fast Ring. The Build brings with itself native support for USB Audi0 2.0 and couple of important fixes. Though there are some known issues with the build too.
You can read the collated changelog and known issues below.
Windows 10 Build 14931 Changelog:
- Native support for USB Audio 2.0: We now have native support for USB Audio 2.0 devices with an inbox class driver! This is an early version of the driver that does not have all features enabled, for e.g.: only playback (render) is supported with this version. Recording (capture) support is scheduled to arrive in later iterations. We encourage you to play with the driver and let us know what you think (using the Feedback app). If you already have third party drivers for your USB Audio 2.0 device installed, follow instructions in this blog post to switch to using the inbox class driver.
- We fixed the issue causing people to experience a black screen when signing out and switching to another user account and unable to log in to that account.
- We fixed the issue causing the built-in Windows 10 apps such as Calculator, Alarms & Clock, and Voice Recorder to not work after updating to a new build.
- While using Narrator and Groove Music, if you navigate to the progress bar while a song is playing then Narrator will continually speak the progress of the song e.g. update with the current time of the progress bar every second. The result is you will be unable to listen to the song or hear any other control you navigate to.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox will crash on launch after upgrading to this build.
- Optional components may not work after upgrading to this build. To get it working again, go to “Turn Windows features on or off”, scroll down and check the right optional component and click ok. After a reboot, the optional component will be enabled again.
- For keyboard users, using tab to navigate the Settings app will not work in this build. The arrow keys should work as a temporary workaround.
- Tencent apps and games will cause your PC to bugcheck (bluescreen).
Read our full Redstone 2 Builds coverage:
- Windows 10 Creators update: All new features, Massive Full Changelog
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators update: Major features, Full Changelog & Release Timelines
- Windows 10 build 14986 Official ISO Images Are Now Available For Download
- Windows 10 Build 14986 live now for Slow Ring now. Changelog
- Download Windows 10 Build 14986 ISO & ESD Files
- Windows 10 Build 14986 Known Issues. Download stuck at 0% for many
- Download Windows 10 Build 14971 ISO & ESD Files
- Windows 10 Build 14971 live for Fast Ring now. Changelog & Known Issues
- Download Windows 10 Build 14955 ISO, ESD & Language Packs
- Windows 10 Build 14955 released to Fast Ring. Changelog & Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 14951 released to Fast Ring. Changelog & Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 14946 available now for Fast Ring. Changelog & Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 14942 live now for Fast Ring. Changelog & Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 14936 available now for Fast Ring. Changelog & Known Issues
- Download Windows 10 Build 14931 ISO, ESD & Language Packs
- Windows 10 Build 14931 available now for Fast Ring. Changelog & Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 14926 available now. Official Changelog & Known Issues
- Download Windows 10 Build 14915 ISO Images & ESD Files
- Windows 10 Build 14915 live now for Fast Ring. Changelog & Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 14905 live now for Fast Ring. Changelog & Known Issues