Microsoft last pushed Windows 10 Mobile Build 15043, the latest Redstone 2 or Creators update Build to devices of Windows Insiders in Fast ring. Read the full official changelog and known issues by clicking here.
Now we share our Impressions of the build including performance, multitasking, gaming, navigation demo, bugs & Installation experience. We have also demoed the unmentioned fixes.
Build 15043 Installation Experience:
The Installation experience for Build 15043 has been smooth, though you may face two issues initially. We faced an error message while attempting to download it, but after a soft reset it did start downloading. On one device, we were not being offered the build. On checking we saw that Insider Preview ring selector has reset somehow to “Slow Ring”. We set it as Fast Ring, the download started.
Once it started, it took around 40 to 45 minutes for the build to get downloaded, installed, data migrated and the devices getting up and running.
You can refer to our common issues and errors fixing guide for more. You will be usually notified for a restart when the download has completed in background. You can check our tutorial on how to prepare for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile.
Build 15043 Hands-on Impressions (Performance, Multitasking, Gaming, Battery Life & more):
Windows 10 Mobile Build 15043 seems to be a good build in terms of overall experience with some issues.
- We didn’t need hard reset after installing this build. In case you are facing lots of issues after installation of Build 15043 you can do a hard reset. You can refer to our Backup and reset tutorial if you need to do a hard reset.
- Build 15043 impresses with its overall performance and responsiveness. You can check our hands-on demo video for more.
- We didn’t face random reboots or freezes on Build 15043
- The visible issue in App List scrolling has been fixed in this build
- Store’s “check for updates” functionality works fine once again
- Build 15043 was found to be fluid during normal daily smartphone tasks like start-screen navigation, apps list scrolling, opening and closing of settings, handling calls, texts and more.
- Coming to other routine and important stuff, Mobile Data and WiFi connections work fine on our devices
- Microsoft Edge has been working well. It renders pages quickly, but may need better RAM management and resume
- Gaming works fine and multitasking with even two games open in background is rock solid
- Video Playback and streaming works fine in Build 15043
- Multitasking for apps works impressively and apps resume really fast from background. Apps don’t crash in background while multitasking
- Battery Life is much better on Build 15034 as compared to last builds.
- Bluetooth UI revamp is a big positive change but doesn’t detect other devices. You can however connect to your Phone from other devices.
Major Bug & Issues:
- Microsoft Edge needs better RAM management. Tabs start reloading rather than resuming from background after more than 2-3 tabs are open
- Bluetooth functionality UI overhaul is good. But it is broken as manually search for Bluetooth devices doesn’t show results
In a Nutshell:
We are running Build 15034 as a daily driver and it offers good experience without many niggles. We recommend going for it, If you have stomach for minor bugs / issues but have more love for new features. Both Slow / Fast Ring insiders would like this build.
We also want to make it clear that it is our hands-on experience with the build and your experience may vary and may be better or worse than ours. We recommend hard reset, if you are facing lots of issues. You can read our guide to fix commonly known Windows 10 Mobile upgrade, installation and usability issues.