Microsoft last pushed Windows 10 Mobile Build 15055, the latest Redstone 2 or Creators update Build to devices of Windows Insiders in Fast ring. Read the full official changelog and known issues by clicking here.
Now we share our Impressions of the build including performance, multitasking, gaming, navigation demo, bugs & Installation experience. We have also demoed the unmentioned fixes.
Build 15055 Installation Experience:
The Installation experience for Build 15055 has been smooth, though you may need to do a soft reset. We faced an error message while attempting to download it, but after a soft reset it did start downloading.
Once download starts, it takes around 40 to 45 minutes for the build to get downloaded, installed, data migrated and the devices getting up and running.
You can refer to our common issues and errors fixing guide for more. You will be usually notified for a restart when the download has completed in background. You can check our tutorial on how to prepare for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile.
Build 15055 Hands-on Impressions (Performance, Multitasking, Gaming, Battery Life & more):
- We didn’t need hard reset after installing Build 15055. In case you are facing lots of issues after installation of Build 15055 you can do a hard reset. You can refer to our Backup and reset tutorial if you need to do a hard reset.
- We didn’t face random reboots or freezes on Build 15055, though it is listed in Known issues list.
- Build 15055 impresses with its overall performance, smoothness and responsiveness. You can check our hands-on demo video for more.
- It was found to be fluid during normal daily smartphone tasks like start-screen navigation, apps list scrolling, opening and closing of settings, handling calls, texts and more.
- Coming to other routine and important stuff, Mobile Data and WiFi connections work fine on our devices
- Microsoft Edge renders pages quickly, but some tabs still reload and don’t resume well
- Gaming works fine and multitasking with even two games open in background is rock solid
- Video Playback and streaming works fine on Build 15055 but still may run into issues randomly
- Multitasking for apps works impressively and apps resume really fast from background. Apps don’t crash in background while multitasking
- Battery Life is good and can be said to be slightly better on Build 15055 as compared to last builds.
- Bluetooth works fine on Build 15055 but one may still face issue while connecting to headphones and car-infotainment systems.
Major Bug & Issues:
- Microsoft Edge needs better RAM management. Not all but still some Tabs start reloading rather than resuming from background after more than 2-3 tabs are open
- Video streaming may run into issues at times
- Bluetooth connection to headphones and car-infotainment system may still be issue-prone
In a Nutshell:
We are running Build 15055 as a daily driver and it offers good experience without many niggles. We recommend going for it, If you have stomach for minor bugs / issues but have more love for new features. Both Slow / Fast Ring insiders would like this build.
We also want to make it clear that it is our hands-on experience with the build and your experience may vary and may be better or worse than ours. We recommend hard reset, if you are facing lots of issues. You can read our guide to fix commonly known Windows 10 Mobile upgrade, installation and usability issues.
Read our Full Redstone 2 Coverage here:
[display-posts tag=”Redstone-2″ posts_per_page=”15″ image_size=”thumbnail”]