Microsoft last pushed Windows 10 Mobile Build 15222, the latest Feature2 preview Build to eligible devices of Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Read the full official changelog and known issues by clicking here.
Now we share our Impressions of the build including performance, multitasking, gaming, navigation demo and bugs/issues. We have also demoed the changes and improvements brought by this build.
Build 1522 Installation Experience:
The Installation experience for Build 15222 has been quite smooth. Once download starts, it takes around 40 to 45 minutes for the build to get downloaded, installed, data migrated and the devices getting up and running.
You can refer to our common issues and errors fixing guide for more. You will be usually notified for a restart when the download has completed in background. You can check our tutorial on how to prepare for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile.
Build 15222 Hands-on Impressions (Performance, Multitasking, Gaming, Battery Life & more):
- We didn’t need to do hard/soft reset even once after installing Build 15222. We didn’t face random reboots or freezes on Build 15222.
- Build 15222 works just fine in terms of its overall performance, smoothness and responsiveness. You can check our hands-on demo video for more.
- It was found to be fluid during normal daily smartphone tasks like start-screen navigation, apps list scrolling, opening and closing of settings, handling calls, texts and more.
- Coming to other routine and important stuff, Mobile Data and WiFi connections work fine on our devices
- Microsoft Edge however has gone worse with even Build 15222. If you open a new page by using context sensitive menu in Microsoft Edge, everything goes for a toss. Tabs become unresponsive. If you send ot to background it crashes and doesn’t show up in multitasking menu. Microsoft may need to give a reset option for Microsoft Edge or make it better.
- Experience of downloading speech and language packs has certainly seen improvements.
- Gaming works fine and multitasking with even two games open in background is quite good
- Multitasking for apps works impressively and apps resume really fast from background. Apps don’t crash in background while multitasking with exception of Microsoft Edge
- Video Playback and streaming works fine on Build 15222
- Battery Life is good and can be said to be satisfactory with no glitches
- Bluetooth works better on Build 15222 while paired to other devices
Major Bug & Issues:
- Microsoft Edge needs urgent fixes and improvements. There are lots of issues with Microsoft Edge on Build 15222.
In a Nutshell:
We are running Build 15222 as a daily driver and it is a mixed bag with major Microsoft Edge issues but satisfactory performance otherwise. We recommend going for it, after all this is what Mobile insiders may have to remain content with until the time when Microsoft starts pushing Fall Creators update builds.
We also want to make it clear that it is our hands-on experience with the build and your experience may vary and may be better or worse than ours. We recommend hard reset, if you are facing lots of issues. You can read our guide to fix commonly known Windows 10 Mobile upgrade, installation and usability issues.