Microsoft has today pushed a new Windows 10 Redstone 5 build for those in Skip Ahead ring. The Build 17627 is now available and can be installed on the PCs enrolled to Skip Ahead.
The build brings some fixes, changes and improvements with itself. It also has some known issues that you may like to read in detail below.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC:
- We fixed an issue where If you try to open a file that is available online-only from OneDrive that hasn’t been previously downloaded to your PC (marked with a green checkmark in File Explorer), your PC could bugcheck (GSOD).
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Emoji Panel not working in the last two flights.
- When a process in Task Manager is suspended, or has suspended child processes, you’ll now see an icon indicating as much in the Status column of the Processes tab.
- If you open Settings and clicking on any links to the Microsoft Store or links in tips, Settings will crash. This includes the links to get themes and fonts from the Microsoft Store, as well as the link to Windows Defender.
- When opening .html or .pdf files from the local system (double-click, right-click > open), Microsoft Edge will not render the loaded content if Microsoft Edge wasn’t already running before opening the file. To work around the issue, you can open the file again without closing Microsoft Edge.
- On resuming from sleep, the desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen displays as expected.