Microsoft has now released the Windows 10 September update KB5017308 (Builds 19042.2006, 19043.2006, and 19044.2006) to versions 21H2, 21H1, 20H2 of Windows 11. The update KB5017308 brings new security and IT admin remote working features.
The new security feature enhances Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks. The new IT admin feature provides the ability to remotely add languages and language-related features.
There are many improvements and fixes for Windows 10 issues including fixes for a shutdown/restart, subscription activation failure and many other issues. Here is the full changelog of update KB5017308 in terms of new features, fixes and improvements.
This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- New! Gives IT admins the ability to remotely add languages and language-related features. Additionally, they can now manage language scenarios across several endpoint managers.
- New! Enhances Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
- Addresses an issue that causes ServerAssignedConfigurations to be null in a few full configuration scenarios.
- Addresses a known issue that causes Microsoft Edge to stop responding when you use IE mode. This issue also prevents you from interacting with a dialog.
- Addresses an issue that affects transparency in layered windows when you are in High Definition remote applications integrated locally (RAIL) mode.
- Addresses an issue that might generate error 0x1E when you shut down or restart a device.
- Addresses an issue that causes a subscription activation to fail under certain conditions.
- Addresses an issue that might cause some game installations to fail because of a licensing issue.
- Addresses an issue that prevents virtualized App-V Microsoft Office applications from opening or causes them to stop working.
- Addresses an issue that might cause the deployment of the Windows Hello for Business certificate to fail in certain circumstances after you reset a device.
- Addresses an issue that degrades BitLocker performance.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Resultant Set of Policy tool (Rsop.msc) to stop working when it processes 1,000 or more “File System” security settings.
- Addresses an issue that continues to trust a revoked Attestation Identity Key (AIK) certificate and fails to generate a new certificate.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Take a Test app to remove all policies related to lockdown enforcement when you close the app.
- Addresses an issue that affects the jump list icon colors in the Search app.
- Addresses an issue that affects Focus Assist functionality for applications that run in full screen.
- Addresses an issue that prevents devices from receiving an offer from Windows Update for the same extension driver when that extension driver is already installed without the base driver.
- Addresses a race condition that causes the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to stop working on Active Directory domain controllers. This issue occurs when LSASS processes simultaneous Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) over Transport Layer Security (TLS) requests that fail to decrypt. The exception code is 0xc0000409 (STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN).
- Addresses an issue that affects a lookup for a nonexistent security ID (SID) from the local domain using read-only domain controller (RODC). The lookup unexpectedly returns the STATUS_TRUSTED_DOMAIN_FAILURE error instead of STATUS_NONE_MAPPED or STATUS_SOME_MAPPED.
- Addresses an issue that might cause cldflt.sys to reference invalid memory in race conditions.
- Addresses an issue that affects input and output in the Storport driver and might cause your system to stop responding.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new updates contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
You can download and manually install Windows 10 update KB5017308 by clicking here. If you need help in understanding how to install these updates manually on your PC, you can refer to our step by step noob-friendly tutorial.