Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 8.1:
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster
- RAM: 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Free hard disk space: 16 GB
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- A Microsoft account and Internet access
To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an Internet connection, a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768, and a Microsoft account.
After you install the preview, you won’t be able to play DVDs using Windows Media Player.
Technical Preview is not supported on Windows RT or Windows Phone devices.
For 64-bit installations of Technical Preview for Enterprise, a small number of older PCs may be blocked from installing the preview because they don’t support CMPXCHG16b, PrefetchW, and LAHF/SAHF.
To use touch, you need a monitor that supports multitouch.
The preview works best with a mouse and keyboard. Improvements to touch will appear in future updates.
Steps to Install:
1) Join the Windows insider program by clicking here. You will need your Microsoft account. Sign in and accept the agreement to be informed that “You are an insider”.
Things to keep in mind:
Unexpected PC crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything. Some printers and other hardware might not work, and some software might not install or work correctly, including antivirus or security programs. You might also have trouble connecting to home or corporate networks.
Also, if your PC runs into problems, Microsoft will likely examine your system files. If the privacy of your system files is a concern, consider using a different PC. For more info, read our privacy statement.