Microsoft has released a new Patch Tuesday update KB4577671 for Windows 10 Version 1903 and 1909. The update KB4577671 with Builds 18363.1139/18362.1139 for version 1909/1903 brings many improvements & fixes for a number of Windows issues. Check the highlights and full changelog below.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
- Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
All improvements and fixes:
This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue with a possible elevation of privilege in win32k.
- Addresses an issue with the Group Policy service that might recursively delete critical files in alphabetic order from %systemroot%\systm32. This issue occurs when a policy has been configured to delete cached profiles. These file deletions might cause stop error “0x5A (CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED)” boot failures.
- Addresses an issue with creating null ports using the user interface.
- Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Virtualization, Windows Kernel, and Windows Storage and Filesystems.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
You can manually download this update by clicking here. If you need help in understanding how to install these updates manually on your PC, you can refer to our step by step noob-friendly tutorial here.