Microsoft has now released a new Windows 10 optional update KB5020030 (Builds 19042.2311, 19043.2311, 19044.2311, and 19045.2311) to versions 22H2, 21H2, 21H1, 20H2 of Windows 10. The update KB5020953 brings Quick Assist application, new Taskbar search box feature & many fixes.
When the taskbar is at the top of your screen or when you turn on small taskbar button mode, search box appears by default on the Taskbar, after installation of the update KB5020030. Here is the full changelog of update KB5020030 in terms of new features, fixes and improvements.
This non-security update includes quality improvements. When you install this KB:
- New! It provides the Quick Assist application for your client device.
- New! The search box now appears, by default, on the taskbar when the taskbar is at the top of your screen or when you turn on small taskbar button mode. You can use the search box to discover information and search your PC and the web directly from your taskbar. To configure how search appears, right-click the taskbar of your primary monitor and hover over Search. For more information, see Learn more about search.
- It addresses an issue that affects some devices that are managed by an enterprise. We improve the reliability of app installations for them.
- It addresses an issue that affects cluster name objects (CNO) or virtual computer objects (VCO). Password reset fails. The error message is, ” There was an error resetting the AD password… // 0x80070005”.
- It addresses some persistent update failures for the Microsoft Store.
- It addresses an issue that affects daylight saving time (DST) in the Republic of Fiji. It cancels DST for 2022.
- It addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Direct3D 9 (D3D9). It causes D3D9 to stop working when you use Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- It addresses an issue that affects certain printers. The print outputs are misaligned.
- It addresses an issue that might affect applications that run on the Windows Lock Down Policy (WLDP). They might stop working.
- It addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Automated investigation blocks live response investigations.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new updates contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
You can download and manually install Windows 10 update KB5020030 by clicking here. If you need help in understanding how to install these updates manually on your PC, you can refer to our step by step noob-friendly tutorial.