Microsoft has released a new Patch Tuesday update KB4579311 for Windows 10 Version 2004 aka May 2020 update. The update KB4579311 with Build 19041.572 brings login and security improvements along with many fixes. Check the highlights and full changelog below.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
- Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
All improvements and fixes:
This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue with a possible elevation of privilege in win32k.
- Addresses an issue with the Group Policy service that might recursively delete critical files in alphabetic order from %systemroot%\systm32. This issue occurs when a policy has been configured to delete cached profiles. These file deletions might cause stop error “0x5A (CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED)” boot failures.
- Addresses an issue with creating null ports using the user interface.
- Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Virtualization, and Windows Kernel.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
You can manually download this update by clicking here. If you need help in understanding how to install these updates manually on your PC, you can refer to our step by step noob-friendly tutorial here.