Microsoft has now released the Windows 11 December update KB5021234 with Build 22000.1335 to everyone running version 21H2. The new update brings Quick assist application with itself in terms of new features.
KB5021234 also brings many fixes including fixes for persistent update failures. You can manually download and install the update by clicking on the download link provided below if required. Check the full changelog provided by Microsoft for version 21H2 update KB5021234 (Build 22000.1335) below.
This non-security update includes quality improvements. When you install this KB:
- New! It provides the Quick Assist application for your client device.
- It addresses some persistent update failures for the Microsoft Store.
- It addresses an issue that affects daylight saving time (DST) in the Republic of Fiji. It cancels DST for 2022.
- It addresses an issue that affects some devices that are managed by an enterprise. It improves the reliability of app installations for them.
- It addresses an issue that affects Unified Update Platform (UUP) on-premises customers. It removes the block that stops them from getting offline language packs.
- It addresses an issue that affects cluster name objects (CNO) or virtual computer objects (VCO). Password reset fails. The error message is, ” There was an error resetting the AD password… // 0x80070005”.
- It addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Direct3D 9 (D3D9). It causes D3D9 to stop working when you use Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- It addresses an issue that affects the Windows Firewall service. It does not start when you turn on the Override block rules option.
- It addresses an issue that might affect applications that run on the Windows Lock Down Policy (WLDP). They might stop working.
- It addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Automated investigation blocks live response investigations.
- It addresses an issue that affects TextInputHost.exe. It stops responding.
- It addresses an issue that affects pinned apps on the Start menu. The Start menu stops working when you move between pages of pinned apps. This issue occurs when the language is a right to left (RTL) language.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new updates contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
You can download and manually install Windows 11 update KB5021234 by clicking here. If you need help in understanding how to install these updates manually on your PC, you can refer to our step by step noob-friendly tutorial.