Microsoft has now released the Windows 11 August update KB5029332 (Build 22621.2360) to everyone running version 22H2. The update KB5029332 brings improvement in location detection on Windows along with many improvements and fixes.
Coming to details now, the Windows 11 update KB5029332 (Build 22621.2360) brings better weather, news, and traffic information because of location detection improvement. The update also brings many fixes for various issues in Windows 11 version 22H2. Here is the full changelog provided for the KB5029332 (Build 22621.2360) by Microsoft.
- New! This update improves how Windows detects your location. This helps to give you better weather, news, and traffic information.
- This update supports daylight saving time (DST) changes in Israel.
This non-security update includes quality improvements. When you install this KB:
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Group Policy Service. It will not wait for 30 seconds, which is the default wait time, for the network to be available. Because of this, policies are not correctly processed.
- This update adds a new API for D3D12 Independent Devices. You can use it to create multiple D3D12 devices on the same adapter. To learn more, see D3D12 Independent Devices.
- This update addresses an issue that affects a WS_EX_LAYERED window. The window might render with the wrong dimensions or at the wrong position. This occurs when you scale the display screen.
- This update addresses an issue that affects print jobs that are sent to a virtual print queue. They fail without an error.
- This update addresses an issue that causes high CPU use. This occurs when you enable the “fBlockNonDomain policy.”
- This update addresses an issue that affects disk partitions. The system might stop working. This occurs after you delete a disk partition and add the space from the deleted partition to an existing BitLocker partition.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Resultant Set of Policy (RSOP). The Windows LAPS “BackupDirectory” policy setting was not being reported. This occurs when the setting is set to 1, which is “Back up to AAD.”
- The update addresses an issue that affects those who use Windows Update for Business. After you are asked to change your password at sign in, the change operation fails. Then you cannot sign in. The error code is 0xc000006d.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new updates contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
You can download and manually install Windows 11 update KB5029332 by clicking here. If you need help in understanding how to install these updates manually on your PC, you can refer to our step by step noob-friendly tutorial.