Microsoft has released a new Windows 11 Build 22468 to insiders in Dev channel. The build brings a new Taskbar option, VPN connection stats and an expiration date of 9/15/2022.
In fact, Microsoft recommends all Dev channel insiders to move to this build for avoiding build expiration. Read the full Windows 11 Build 22468 changelog below.
- Build Expiration Reminder: We have updated the build expiration for Dev Channel builds starting with Build 22468 to be 9/15/2022. Previous Dev Channel builds from the RS_PRERELEASE branch will expire on 10/31/2021. To avoid hitting this expiration, please update to Build 22468 today.
- This build includes a good set of improvements and bug fixes.
- MDM enrolled PCs will receive Build 22468.
- Yesterday, we announced the redesigned Paint app is beginning to roll out to Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- Please see the new section at the end of this blog post outlining the type of builds and experiences you will see in the Dev Channel.
Changes and Improvements
- When you click a VPN connection in VPN Settings, you can now see some stats about the connection.
- Added an option to turn off showing recent searches when hovering over the Search icon in the Taskbar. The option is under Taskbar behaviors in Taskbar Settings.
- Mitigated a rare explorer.exe initialization hang related to loading the network icon.
- Improved reliability of showing the flyout when hovering over the Search icon in the Taskbar.
- If you navigate to the Search icon in the Taskbar using the keyboard, navigating away will now dismiss the recent searches flyout.
- The options when right clicking recent files displayed when searching for certain apps like Word should work now when you select them.
- If you right click files in OneDrive locations in File Explorer, the context menu will no longer unexpectedly dismiss when you hover over entries that open sub-menus, like “Open with.”
- Double clicking a network folder to open it will no longer unexpectedly try to pin it to Quick Access instead of opening it.
- Addressed an underlying font issue that was making the right hand of the shruggie kaomoji ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ not display in the correct position, as well as apostrophes in certain cases.
- Your preferred microphone input format setting (as configured in Sound Settings) should persist upgrade now.
- Addressed an issue where certain drives were unexpectedly not displaying in Defragment and Optimize Drives.
- We’ve resolved the issue preventing MDM enrolled PCs from successfully updating to the previous build. These devices are now unblocked from updating to the latest build.
- Fixed an issue that could cause unexpected flickering in certain apps such as Microsoft Edge when using multiple monitors with different refresh rates.
- Mitigated a display related issue that was causing some Insiders to experience an increase in bug checks in recent flights.
- Did some work to address an issue where the Windows Update icon in the Taskbar might display but suddenly disappear when you hovered over it.
- Addressed a rare issue with certain devices after sleep where Wi-Fi would get stuck in an off state and trying to toggle it back on wouldn’t work.
- Mitigated an issue for certain devices that could cause the system to freeze in some scenarios.
NOTE: Some fixes noted here in Insider Preview builds from the active development branch may make their way into the servicing updates for the released version of Windows 11 after general availability on October 5th.