Microsoft has now released the Windows 11 June update KB5027231 (Build 22621.1848) to everyone running version 22H2. The update KB5027231 brings Moment 3 update features along with many fixes.
The Moment 3 update adds live captions for many new languages. It also allows to display seconds in the clock on the system tray. It also brings a new widget picker experience to the Beta and Release Preview Channels with an image that gives a visual preview of the widget before pinning. The update introduces live kernel memory dump (LKD) collection from Task Manager. This update improves the cloud suggestion and the integrated search suggestion.
The Windows 11 update KB5027231 (Build 22621.1848) brings improved search box experience within Settings. This update improves the cloud suggestion and the integrated search suggestion. It also adds access key shortcuts to File Explorer’s context menu. The Moment 3 update introduces a limit of 20 most recent tabs in Settings > Multitasking.
Windows 11 update KB5027231 (Build 22621.1848) adds a VPN status icon, a small shield, to the system tray. The update provides a copy button for you to quickly copy two-factor authentication (2FA) codes. The Moment 3 update enables Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC) to run on laptops and 2-in-1 devices. This feature dims or brightens areas of a display based on the content.
The update also brings many fixes for various issues in Windows 11 version 22H2. Here is the full changelog provided for the Windows 11 update KB5027231 by Microsoft.
- New! This update provides the full amount of storage capacity of all your Microsoft OneDrive subscriptions. It also displays the total storage on the Accounts page in the Settings app.
- New! This update adds Bluetooth® Low Energy (LE) Audio. Your computer must support Bluetooth LE Audio to use this feature. This update improves audio fidelity and battery life when you pair your computer with Bluetooth LE Audio earbuds and headphones.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Narrator. It now announces text attributes correctly for words, such as “misspelled,” “deletion change,” and “comment.”
- This update addresses an issue that affects access to Tab settings for IE mode sites.
- This update addresses a multi-function label printer issue. It affects the installation of some of them.
- This update addresses an issue that affects audio playback. It fails on devices that have certain processors.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the touch keyboard. It shows the wrong layout for the French-Canadian language.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the touch keyboard. Sometimes, it does not show the correct layout based on the current input scope.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Chinese and Japanese Input Method Editor (IME). When you search within the Emoji Panel (Windows key + period (.) ), search might fail for some of you.
This non-security update includes quality improvements. When you install this KB:
- This update addresses an issue that affects searchindexer.exe. It stops working after you sign out. This issue occurs after you upgrade your machine to Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) and sign in to that machine.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Server Message Block (SMB). You cannot access the SMB shared folder. The errors are, “Not enough memory resources” or “Insufficient system resources.”
- The update addresses an issue that sends unexpected password expiration notices to users. This occurs when you set up an account to use “Smart Card is Required for Interactive Logon” and set “Enable rolling of expiring NTLM secrets.”
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS). It stops working. This occurs when you use Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD).
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) cluster. It might not come online. This occurs after a periodic password rollover. The error code is 1326.
- This update addresses an issue that affects dot sourcing. It fails files that contain class definition in Windows PowerShell.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the use of the Event Viewer. The issue limits the number of event sources that users who are not administrators can access.
- This update addresses an Event Viewer issue. It affects the rendering of a forwarded event log.
- This update addresses a memory leak. It occurs every time you print a rich text document.
- This update addresses an issue that affects a computer when it renders a halftone bitmap. The computer stops working.
- This update addresses an issue that affects devices that have multiple, discreet GPUs. You cannot choose the high-performance GPUs from the default graphics settings page.
- This update addresses an issue that stops your device from working when it resumes from Modern Standby. The error is 0x13A KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION.
- This update addresses an issue that affects applications that perform certain actions in a callback. The applications might stop working. These actions include closing a Window (WM_CLOSE).
- This update changes the support phone number for Microsoft India for Windows activation.
- This update changes the international mobile subscriber identity (IMSI) ranges for certain mobile providers.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Windows Firewall. The firewall drops all connections to the IP address of a captive portal. This occurs when you choose the Captive Portal Addresses option.
- This update addresses an issue that affects devices that are joined to Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). The Windows Firewall cannot apply the correct domain and profile for them.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC). It might create audit events that you do not need. This occurs when you choose the Disabled: Script Enforcement option.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Chinese and Japanese Handwriting Panel. It does not show text prediction candidates or stops responding. This occurs when you select a word from the candidate list of the Handwriting Panel.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the runas command. It stops working. The device behaves as if you did not sign in to your account.
- This update addresses an issue that might affect a large reparse point. You might get a stop error when you use NTFS to access it. This issue occurs after a canceled FSCTL Set operation changes the reparse tag.
- This update addresses a known issue that might affect some speech recognition apps. They might have sporadic speech recognition, expressive input, and handwriting issues. This occurs when the display language is Chinese or Japanese. The apps might not recognize certain words. They might not receive any input from speech recognition or affected input types. This issue is more likely to occur when the apps use offline speech recognition. For app developers,this issue only affects speech recognition that uses Speech Recognition Grammar Specification (SRGS) in Windows.Media.SpeechRecognition. This issue does not affect other types of speech recognition.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the MDM_VPNv2_01 class. Enumerating this class fails. The error messages is, “Generic Error.”
If you installed earlier updates, only the new updates contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
You can download and manually install Windows 11 update KB5027231 by clicking here. If you need help in understanding how to install these updates manually on your PC, you can refer to our step by step noob-friendly tutorial.