FreeCharge app, which is an online recharging/billing utility app, has picked a significant update on Windows 10 PC and Mobile devices.
The latest update adds several new features to the app, with support for Windows Hello and Microsoft Passport stealing the spotlight. It is a welcome addition since the other related apps like Paytm still live up to the old design and don’t release updates in a timely fashion.
Apart from this, FreeCharge has also introduced the ability to pay your utility bills even after due date, with support for Late Payment. When dealing with merchants, you are only a scan away to either pay or receive credits, thanks to new QR Payments feature.
Version 10.4.0.0 is live in the store and you can check out the full changelog below.
- Introducing Windows Hello: Use your system’s PIN or biometric authentication to make transactions more secure
- Late Payment Support – Now you can pay your utility bills even after due date
- Refer and Earn: Go share the app with your friends and get free recharges!
- Better Plan Support: We have updated plans across different product types and introduced plans for DTH
- QR Payments: You can now show your QR codes with shop and merchant to pay
- We heard you loud and clear – live tile issues have been fixed and the app has been optimised for better performance
I have personally tried the Windows Hello feature and I would say it is a bit slow than entering a PIN, but it works most of the time and logs you in. Nonetheless, since this is the company’s first attempt at it, we hope future updates will nourish it.
However, It would be more pleasing if we could set a PIN manually for the first time because at the moment it accepts the phone PIN or your MSA PIN. So, regarding that, leave a feedback for the developer in the store.
Do let us know your thoughts about the update in the comments below.
Thanks for the tip, Karan!