- Microsoft moves from Devices & Services to “Productivity & Platform” company for the mobile-first and cloud-first world
- Microsoft’s core focus is “dual user” – people who will use technology for their work or school and also deeply use it in their personal digital life. Microsoft will build great digital work and life experiences with specific focus on dual use with help of their cloud OS infrastructure, device OS and first-party hardware
- Cloud OS is the largest opportunity for Microsoft
- To reinvent digital work and life experiences with intelligent services like Cortana and Delve
- First-party devices like Surface Pro 3 will stimulate more demand for the entire Windows ecosystem. Microsoft will develop new hardware categories like they did with Surface.
- Microsoft will responsibly make market for Windows Phone, which is the stated goal with the Nokia devices and services acquisition
- Microsoft will continue to vigorously innovate and delight gamers with Xbox
With emphasis on serving its focus – the dual-user, with help of Device OS and First party hardware, Microsoft has perhaps given message to those doubting its seriousness about its Windows Phone platform and hardware. Xbox users also will feel happy about continuous focus on serving them the delighters.