On Patch Tuesday, Microsoft has pushed Windows 10 Mobile/PC Build 10.0.14393.1884 (KB4048953) to those on Anniversary update. The cumulative update will be available for both phones and PCs running version 1607 of Windows 10.
You can check the update availability by going to Settings–>Update & Security–>Windows update–>Check for updates. Coming to what is there in changes/fixes/improvements, there are expectedly no significant changes. But there are lots of fixes and improvements.
You can check the full changelog of Windows 10 Mobile/PC Build 14393.1884 (KB4048953) below.
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addressed issue where applications based on the Microsoft JET Database Engine (Microsoft Access 2007 and older or non-Microsoft applications) fail when creating or opening Microsoft Excel .xls files. The error message is: “Unexpected error from external database driver (1). (Microsoft JET Database Engine)”.
- Addressed issue where attempting to clean temporary files on the Windows Phone results in the error code “E_FAIL”.
- Addressed issue with the launch of HTML dialogs in Windows PE systems.
- Addressed a crash in Internet Explorer that was seen in machines that used large font-size settings.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Windows kernel, Device Guard, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, the Microsoft Windows Search Component, and Windows Media Player.
Note This update isn’t available with express installation files for Windows Server 2016.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.