Microsoft today released Windows 10 Build 14393.2068 (10.0.14393.2068) to everyone on Anniversary update (Windows 10 Version 1607). Cumulative update KB4074590 brings this build and is available to install.
There are fixes and security updates for various Windows components. Read the full changelog below. You can check the update availability by going to Settings–>Update & Security–>Windows update–>Check for updates.
Windows 10 Build 14393.2068 (KB4074590) Changelog:
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses issue with fragment identifier contained in links opened using the Enterprise Mode Site List to redirect from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer.
- Addresses issue with rendering graphics elements with Internet Explorer.
- Addresses a script-related issue that caused Internet Explorer to stop working in some cases.
- Addresses issue in Internet Explorer where pressing the Delete key inserted a new line in input boxes in an application.
- Addresses issue where some users may have experienced issues logging into some websites when using third-party account credentials in Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses issue with browser Compatibility View settings that occured during updates.
- Updates time zone information.
- Updates Microsoft HoloLens CPU Microcode to address vulnerability CVE-2017-5715 – Branch target injection. Installing this KB for HoloLens applies all relevant OS and Microcode updates. See Advisory 180002 for more details.
- Addresses issue where telemetry data couldn’t be uploaded using UTC because of networking environments that prevent access to the necessary CRL servers.
- Addresses issue where MMC application snap-ins—such as Services, Local Policy Admin, and Printer Management—fail to run when Windows Defender Application Control (Device Guard) is turned on. The error is “Object doesn’t support this property or method.”
- Addresses issue where a failover in MPIO while throttling input and output requests may cause all available paths to fail.
- Addresses issue where the application pool CPU throttles when running IIS.
- Addresses issue where, after installing KB4057142 or KB4056890 on an SMB server, accessing files in directory junction points or volume mount points hosted on the server may fail. The error is “ERROR_INVALID_REPARSE_DATA”. For example, this symptom may be observed:
- Editing some group policies using GPMC or AGPM 4.0 may fail with the error “The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071128)”.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash Player, Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows Kernel, Device Guard, Common Log File System Driver, and Windows storage and file systems.
Note This update isn’t available with express installation files for Windows Server 2016.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.