Microsoft has just released the first cumulative update (KB3208177) for SQL Server 2016 SP1.
The Cumulative Update 1 carries the build number
13.0.4411.0 and contains a number of hotfixes addressing a variety of different features of the application.
Microsoft has recommended users to download and install the latest cumulative update available
- Each new CU contains all the fixes that were included with the previous CU for the installed version/Service Pack of SQL Server.
- Microsoft recommends ongoing, proactive installation of CUs as they become available:
- SQL Server CUs are certified to the same levels as Service Packs, and should be installed at the same level of confidence.
- Historical data shows that a significant number of support cases involve an issue that has already been addressed in a released CU.
- CUs may contain added value over and above hotfixes. This includes supportability, manageability, and reliability updates.
The updates are available at the Microsoft Download Center and you can go ahead and download it right now.
For detailed information on fixes, hit the source link below.