With the new Surface Earbuds, it is now possible to control your PowerPoint presentations and take it to the next level – no click click!
The new Surface Earbuds feature an ultra-comfortable design, intuitive controls, access to innovative Microsoft 365 experiences and immersive sound for music and calls, plus all-day battery.
This feature is available to Insiders who are running PowerPoint version 2004 (Build 12730.20270) or later on Windows.
How to get started
First things first, you should download and install the Surface Audio app for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store on your PC.
Once the Bluetooth pairing is successful, open a PowerPoint presentation and follow the steps below.
- Start a presentation by pressing F5 or selecting Slide Show > From Beginning.
- On a slide, right click and under Surface Earbuds Settings choose Use Gestures to Control Presentation.
Navigating the presentation
On the left earbud, swipe forward and backward to navigate your presentations in Slide Show mode.
Double tap to play or pause embedded videos.
You can also enable live captions and subtitles on-screen, and have what you’re saying be translated into one of 60+ supported languages.
Tips and Tricks
- You can hold the left earbud in your hand to navigate back and forth.
- Only the left Earbud can respond to gestures for presentations.
- You will not be able to hear system audio when using the Earbuds to control presentations. If you need to hear system audio during your presentation, disable the feature by right-clicking on a slide while in Slide Show mode, and clicking Use Gestures to Control Presentation under Surface Earbuds Settings.
Want to try this feature today? Become an Office Insider.