HP has unveiled a new consumer line-up of premium laptops with the next generation HP Spectre 13 and HP Spectre x360 13. Both the products rock the latest generation Intel Core 8th Gen processors giving a longer battery life and sports eye-pleasing, brilliant displays in sleeker, more angular form factor.
The second generation HP Spectre 13 aka the world’s thinnest touch laptop, offers full entertainment with a 4K display and louder audio in a sophisticated device powered by 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors quad-core device.
Moreover, HP’s award-winning Spectre x360 laptop now offers the world’s longest battery life without compromising on style and durability. It also offers a unique security feature with an integrated privacy screen option, which keeps your content safe from prying eyes.
“HP is delivering the world’s thinnest touch laptops while setting new industry standards for battery life, security, and design,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, Consumer Personal Systems, HP Inc. “Our Spectre portfolio is redefining the premium PC segment, providing unique user experiences that will inspire creativity and unlock limitless opportunities to bring incredible ideas to life.”
“HP continues to exceed my expectations by delivering impressive premium laptops with features that matter to consumers – performance, design and battery life,” said Patrick Moorhead, president & principal analyst, Moor Insights & Strategy. “The newest Spectre laptops further demonstrate how the company is finding new and exciting ways to drive momentum in the premium PC market.”
The HP Spectre 13 features include:
- Premium contoured design: Built from CNC aluminum and carbon fiber, it is offered in Ceramic White with Pale Gold polished accents or Dark Ash Silver with Copper polished accents featuring micro-edge bezels with Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT displays in up to 4K high resolution2.
- Sensory experience: Speakers are placed above the full-size edge-to-edge backlit keyboard for clear and crisp sound and a comfortable typing experience.
- Built for productivity: Fast performance with the latest 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors3, store content with room to spare with up to 1TB PCIe SSD9, and multitask with speed with memory up to 16 GB LPDDR3.
- More battery power per millimeter: Up to 11.5 hours of battery life5 and charging from zero percent battery life to 50 percent on a 30 minute charge with HP Fast Charge technology6.
The redesigned HP Spectre x360 features include:
- Refined iconic design: The sculpted CNC machined aluminum body with angular lines is offered in Natural Silver and Dark Ash Silver with Copper accents.
- Brilliant Display: Micro-edge bezels with durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT 13-inch diagonal displays in up to 4K high resolution2 offer exceptional viewing experiences.
- Thin but mighty: Creators and multitaskers will be delighted by the optimized thermals, performance brought by the latest 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors3, memory up to 16 GB LPDDR3 and options up 1TB PCIe SSD9 to store artwork, precious memories, and entertainment.
- Security and ease: Safety features include a fingerprint reader located on the side for easy access, HP Sure View integrated privacy screen option on Full HD7 versions to eliminate visual hacking with one quick keystroke, and HP Wide Vision FHD IR camera to log in with facial recognition.
- Versatile canvas: The Windows Ink Certified8 pen delivers a more natural drawing and writing experience with simultaneous pen and touch. With tilt, the pen is pressure sensitive for precise inking in any mode. Under the pen is an integrated USB-C™ rechargeable battery, 15 seconds of charging gives the user up to 198 minutes of use10.
Pricing and Availability/Release Date
- The HP Spectre 13 Laptop is available on October 29 starting at $1,299.99.
- The HP Spectre x360 is available on October 29 starting at $ $1,149.99.
Best Buy will be accepting pre-orders for HP Spectre 13 and HP Spectre x360 laptops starting on October 4.