Microsoft has now silently pushed a new update to the Microsoft Office app. The new up to Microsoft Office is a major one and comes with lots of new features.
With the new update to Microsoft Office for Android, the company is rolling out many new features and design changes to the app. Speaking of the app version, we now have 16.0.12130.20272 in the Google Play Store. It weighs at around 78MB in the Google Play Store.
Speaking of the changes that come with this build, we get a new design and interface. The official changelog mentioned shows only improvements and bug fixes.
One app for documents, spreadsheets, presentations, PDFs, & more
Introducing the new Office app, designed to be your go-to productivity app on a phone.
This new app combines the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps you know and rely on, with new capabilities that harness the unique strengths of mobile devices to create a simpler, yet more powerful Office experience for the phone.
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint combined in one app:
• Create, edit, and work together on documents with others in real-time.
• Store and access documents in the cloud or on your device.
• Easily access recent and frequently used Word, Excel, PowerPoint files stored in the cloud or on your device.
• Search for documents stored in the cloud, on your phone, or across your organization (if using a work account).
Uniquely mobile ways that make document creation easier:
• Snap a picture of a document and turn it into an editable Word file with the press of a button.
• Transform a picture of a table into an Excel spreadsheet so you can work with the data.
• Let PowerPoint help you design a presentation by simply selecting the pictures you want to use from your phone.
• Create automatically enhanced digital images of whiteboards and documents with Office Lens features integrated into the app.
Quickly perform common mobile tasks with in-built Actions:
• Instantly create PDFs from photos or Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
• Sign PDFs using your finger.
• Quickly jot down ideas and notes with Sticky Notes.
• Easily transfer files between your phone and computer or share instantly with nearby mobile devices.
• Scan QR codes to open links.
As the app is in the Beta version, it not available for public downloads.