Earlier this year, Microsoft announced add-ins for Outlook on iOS. Add-ins help Outlook customers to get more done on the go with help from favorite apps right into the email client.
Microsoft is now rolling out add-ins to Outlook on Android customers with Outlook.com and Office 365 commercial email accounts. Additionally, add-ins will also be available to Gmail customers on iOS and Android soon.
With this launch, Outlook customers can expect to work with add-ins like Evernote, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft Translator, Nimble, OnePlaceMail, Outlook Customer Manager, Smartsheet, and Trello. Additionally, several new add-ins for Outlook including Wrike, JIRA, MeisterTask, Gfycat, and MojiLala will be made available in the future, too. These add-ins will be available for Outlook customers across the web, Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
To start using add-ins for Outlook on Android, go to Settings >> Add-ins and then tap the + sign next to the add-ins you want to enable.
Here’s a closer look at the new add-ins:
Wrike—A powerful online project management software for teams. The Wrike add-in for Outlook keeps you on top of work projects by enabling you to quickly capture your team’s communications in one place—giving team members greater visibility into work and making the team more productive. To use the Wrike add-in, tap the Open Wrike add-in icon to create Wrike tasks from emails, view and edit tasks, and collaborate in real-time—without leaving Outlook.
Stay on top of your work projects by quickly associating any email with a Wrike project.
JIRA (by Yasoon)—Designed specifically for software teams, JIRA provides best-in-class agile tooling, deep developer tool integrations, and a single repository for every step in your software project’s lifecycle. The JIRA add-in for Outlook helps you stay on top of software project issues and communication with customers, partners, or vendors by enabling easy tracking of your project’s progress, right from Outlook. Tap the New issue or Add to issue icon to create a new issue or update an issue using content from email and attachments. Tap View issues for an overview of open issues and due dates for the current conversation or sender.
To keep your business data safe, your JIRA administrator must configure a secure connection to JIRA first. See Getting started with JIRA for Outlook for more information.
Use the JIRA add-in to create and update issues using email content.
MeisterTask—A highly intuitive task manager that adapts to your team’s workflow. The MeisterTask add-in lets you quickly save emails as tasks in your project board—without needing to copy/paste or re-enter the content into another app. To use the MeisterTask add-in, tap the Create Task icon to quickly create new tasks from incoming emails, assign them to your coworkers, and easily access task details.
Stay on top of your work projects using the MeisterTask add-in.
Gfycat—Discover and share awesome GIFs to make your emails more engaging, expressive, and fun. Congratulate your coworkers or thank them for a job well done with the new Gfycat add-in for Outlook. To use the Gfycat add-in, tap React with Gfycat to search for the GIF you are looking for, such as “Congratulations” or “Thank you.” The selected GIF will then be sent as your reply—adding a touch of your personality to the conversation.
Easily discover and share awesome GIFs, right from Outlook using the Gfycat add-in.
MojiLaLa—Designers bring you their best stickers to help you share emotions and communicate with one another around the world. The MojiLaLa add-in adds color, imagination, and humor to your emails. To use the MojiLaLa add-in, tap the Reply with MojiLaLa icon and then search for a sticker, such as “Great work” or “Happy Birthday.” The selected sticker will be sent as your reply.
Add fun, humor, and a touch of personality to your emails using the MojiLaLa add-in.
In addition to these new add-ins, several existing add-ins available for Outlook on iOS will now be available on Outlook for Android, including:
- Evernote—Easily save emails from Outlook to a project notebook in Evernote.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365—Quickly look up customer contacts, associate an email or appointment with an existing opportunity, or create new records with just a few taps.
- Microsoft Translator—Translate email messages on the fly, with support for 60+ languages powered by Microsoft Translator.
- Nimble—Get insights on any contact in Outlook, including broad social profiles, shared relationships, mutual interests, industry and company profile, revenue, and more.
- OnePlaceMail—Seamlessly save emails and attachments to SharePoint without leaving the familiar Outlook environment.
- Smartsheet—Easily manage your work and collaborate with stakeholders in real-time by quickly creating, assigning, and updating tasks and capturing other project information right from your email.
- Trello—Quickly associate any incoming email with an existing board, create cards, and edit descriptions. In addition, the Trello add-in has now been updated to save email attachments to your Trello board.
- Outlook Customer Manager (coming soon)—Track and grow customer relationships right from Outlook.