Microsoft recently pushed a new Office update to all Office 365 Insiders on Windows. The update brings significant changes in office products, especially in Powerpoint. The update brings supports for live captions, subtitles, and other small improvements in Office on Windows.
Here is how to use the subtitles feature:
- To toggle on/off for all presentations: from the ribbon, navigate to the Slide Show tab, and click “Always Use Subtitles” checkbox.
- To toggle on/off during the presentation: from Slide Show, Presenter View, or the right-click context menu, click the subtitle toggle button.
- To adjust caption/subtitle settings: from the ribbon, navigate to the Slide Show tab, and click Subtitle Settings. Alternatively, you can access settings from the right-click context menu, Slide Show settings or Presenter View settings menus while presenting.
Changes related to the latest update are as follows:
- The power of AI to presenters, so they can convey simple and complex information across subjects and topics.
- Speech recognition that automatically adapts based on the presented content for more accurate recognition of names and specialized terminology.
- The ability for presenters to easily customize the size, position, and appearance of subtitles. Customizations may vary by platform.
- It supports 12 spoken languages and display on-screen captions or subtitles in one of 60+ languages.