Microsoft has released Edge version 97 to the Beta channel. The release version 97.0.1072.21 brings new features and improvements with itself.
On Edge version 97, users can be signed into websites automatically using current profile. It will also allow opening of digitally signed PDF files. “Citations” feature gives students a better way to manage and generate citations as they research online. Check the official release notes below.
Microsoft Edge 97 release notes:
Use current profile to sign into websites when multiple work or school accounts are signed in on a device. When multiple work or school accounts are signed in on a device, users will be asked to choose an account from the account picker to continue their visits to websites. In this release, users will be prompted to allow Microsoft Edge to sign in to the websites automatically with the work and school account signed into current profile. Users can turn this feature on and off in Settings/Profile preferences.
Add support for Microsoft Endpoint Data Loss Prevention (DLP) on MacOS. Microsoft Endpoint DLP policy enforcement is available natively on MacOS.
Open digitally signed PDF files. Digital signatures are used extensively to validate the authenticity of, and changes to, a document. Users will be able to validate the signatures for PDF files directly from the browser, without the need for any add-ins.
Citations in Microsoft Edge. Citing sources for research is a common requirement for students. They have to manage many research references and sources, which is no easy task. They also have to translate these citations to proper citation formats like APA, MLA, and Chicago. This new “Citations” feature in Microsoft Edge (now in Preview) gives students a better way to manage and generate citations as they research online. With Citations turned on in Collections or from Settings and more (Alt-F), Microsoft Edge automatically generates citations that students can use later so they can stay focussed on their research. When they’re done they can easily compile these citations into a final deliverable. For more information, see Previewing Citations in Microsoft Edge.
- AccessibilityImageLabelsEnabled – Get Image Descriptions from Microsoft Enabled
- CORSNonWildcardRequestHeadersSupport – CORS non-wildcard request header support enabled
- EdgeDiscoverEnabled – Discover feature In Microsoft Edge
- EdgeEnhanceImagesEnabled – Enhance images enabled
- InternetExplorerModeTabInEdgeModeAllowed – Allow sites configured for Internet Explorer mode to open in Microsoft Edge
- OpenMicrosoftLinksInEdgeEnabled – Always open links from certain Microsoft apps in Microsoft Edge
- SameOriginTabCaptureAllowedByOrigins – Allow Same Origin Tab capture by these origins
- ScreenCaptureAllowedByOrigins – Allow Desktop, Window, and Tab capture by these origins
- SerialAllowAllPortsForUrls – Automatically grant sites permission to connect all serial ports
- SerialAllowUsbDevicesForUrls – Automatically grant sites permission to connect to USB serial devices
- SmartScreenDnsRequestsEnabled – Enable Microsoft Defender SmartScreen DNS requests
- TabCaptureAllowedByOrigins – Allow Tab capture by these origins
- WebSQLInThirdPartyContextEnabled – Force WebSQL in third-party contexts to be re-enabled
- WindowCaptureAllowedByOrigins – Allow Window and Tab capture by these origins