Microsoft has now started rolling out a new update to the Microsoft Edge browser on the Windows platform. The latest updates to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 comes in the Development channel branch of the Microsoft Edge.
The new build of Microsoft Edge being rolled out is 83.0.474.0 in the Dev channel branch. The company has also mentioned that this could be one of the last builds of version 83 in the Dev channel branch. The update mainly focuses on improvements to Website notifications and cookies.
- Added the ability to show which folder a favorite is in when you search for a favorite on the Favorites management page and then right-click a result.
- Added the ability to create a list of sites that are exempt from the deletion of cookies when the browser is configured to delete browsing data upon closing.
- Added an option to use quieter website notifications that don’t show unprompted popups.
- Added a search box to the Mac Touchbar when there is only one tab open.
- Fixed an issue where typing in the address bar sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes crashes when showing the Guided Switch popup.
- Fixed an issue where exporting a Collection to Word sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where exporting a Collection to Excel sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes crashes on launch when Application Guard is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where navigating in an Application Guard window sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where the Downloads management page sometimes crashes.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to use the F12 Dev Tools in a language that’s different than the browser’s language sometimes causes the Tools to fail to launch.
- Fixed an issue where websites sometimes hang when trying to load if Information Protection is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where feedback screenshots are all black if the media autoplay blocking setting is set to Block.
- Fixed an issue where menus like the … menu is sometimes displayed incorrectly near screen edges.
- Fixed an issue where typing in the address bar while the left mouse button is pressed results in characters not being properly typed.
- Fixed an issue where a tab that’s restored after restarting the browser will navigate to the same page when the back button is clicked if the page that was restored was blocked by SmartScreen before the browser restart.
- Fixed some issues around interacting with windows for websites that are pinned to the Taskbar.
- Fixed an issue where websites that should be viewed in IE mode are sometimes opened in regular tabs instead.
- Fixed an issue where the Guest mode is still available when the Force Sign In management policy is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where an image sometimes won’t be added correctly to an item in a Collection and instead it will just show a loading spinner.
- Improved messaging when using the Command+Q keyboard shortcut on Mac. See https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles/macos-blog-improved-messaging-on-the-command-q-alert… for more details.