Microsoft Store has always been a subject of criticism, the reason being some people did not get the point of a store on a PC. Nevertheless, the company took the risk and improved the store significantly within just three years. Making the Microsoft Store more functional, today the company expands digital gifting to include apps and avatar items. However, not all the products are available for gifting from day one. According to the horse’s mouth, by the end of October 23, all the avatars and apps would be available for gifting.
Before you jump in and gift your favorite apps/avatars to your family and loved ones below are some useful information you should know.
Steps to follow
- Head over to the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 PC, Xbox console or online.
- Navigate to the product that you would like to purchase as a gift.
- Select “Buy as gift” and enter the email address of the gift recipient. (On Xbox One, you can choose a Gamertag from your list of Xbox Live friends.)
Things to remember
- There are limits to the number of discounted products you can buy. Gift purchasers can only buy two (2) of the same discounted product – and a total of ten (10) discounted products – every 14 days. There are no limits for gift purchases made at full price.
- Gifting of Xbox 360 and Xbox original games, Xbox original avatar items, pre-orders, free products and consumable downloadable game content such as virtual currency is not allowed.
- Gift recipients can only redeem gift tokens in the country or region where they were purchased.
- The gifts are sent to recipients as soon as they are purchased. Currently, you can’t time the delivery of the gift for a specific date and time.