Microsoft Flow automating workflow has been upgraded with quite a few new services and features.
The latest update adds 5 new services and are briefly described below:
New services and functionality
- Oracle Database – Oracle Database is a relational database management system developed by Oracle. Connect to on-premise Oracle Database to perform various actions such as create, update, get, and delete on rows in a table.
- Intercom – Intercom makes messaging apps for businesses that help them understand and talk to consumers.
- FreshBooks – a cloud based small business accounting software. Send invoices, track time, manage receipts and expenses.
- LeanKit – Helping teams work together to deliver customer value, faster.
- WebMerge – Automatically populate templates with data from your favorite cloud apps. Never copy & paste again!
Triggering Flow buttons in the website
There is a now an easy way to test and run your Flow buttons from inside your My flows or Team flows lists on the Flow web site. When looking at your flow list, simply select the More (…) menu for the flow you want to run. You will see a new Run now command:
Note that the Run now only shows up for the flows that have triggers you can invoke on-demand, such as the Flow button trigger or the Recurrence trigger. Flows that run in response to other events, such as when you get a new email or when a file is added, cannot be explicitly run.
Once you select the command, you will be given an option to provide any inputs the Flow needs to start:
After you select Run flow, the actions in the flow will start running, and you will be taken to the run details page to see the full activity of that flow run. For example, you can see steps as they execute, and if there is a failure, you can see the details of the error message.
If you haven’t used Flow buttons before, check out some of these templates to get started with Flow buttons. Flow buttons can even collect inputs (as above with the Outlook Tasks screenshot) when they run. Here are eight different templates for everything from creating a task, to opening a new account in Dynamics 365: