Microsoft has today released a new Windows 10 Insider preview Build for Insiders in the Fast ring. The new Windows 10 Build 18346 sadly has no new features to offer and is all about improvements and fixes. You read the official changelog below.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue which caused the Bluetooth Hands-Free audio driver to hang.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders not being able to access the Quests section of the Feedback Hub.
- We fixed an issue that could cause Settings to crash if you clicked “Pick your insider settings” button under Windows Insiders Program Settings.
- We fixed an issue where the PowerShell .GetType method was unexpectedly returning error “out-lineoutput : The method or operation is not implemented”.
- We fixed an issue where in certain languages if you pressed WIN+V before having opted into clipboard history the clipboard history UI would be truncated.
- We fixed an issue with the new Adlam keyboard resulting in not being able to type certain common words.
- We fixed an issue where, when typing Vietnamese, the touch keyboard was auto-capitalizing ever word in certain apps.
- We fixed an issue where, when friendly dates were enabled in File Explorer, in certain languages (such as Japanese and Chinese) Insiders would see the wrong day name displayed.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected and non-functional Family Safety icon in the notification area of the taskbar.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the taskbar search box text becoming black on a black background.
- We fixed an issue where Start menu would crash when using Narrator to navigate pinned folders in Start.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Please note that while we’ve made some improvements to night light reliability in this flight, we’re continuing to investigate reported issues in this space.
- For display calibration scenarios, monitors may be missing in the built-in Color Management application. As a work around, please use the Settings app to select color profile instead, under the Display Settings page.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- In Windows Sandbox, if you try to navigate to the Narrator settings, Settings app crashes.
- Mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- We’re investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.