We have recently witnessed some higher frequency of updates to different Microsoft apps and services like Windows, Office, Skype, and some other Android/iOS-based apps.
The company has now started rolling out a new update to Microsoft Office. The new update to Microsoft Office is rolling out in Office Insiders Fast Ring of Windows. The update is rolling out to Microsoft 365 subscribers for Fast Ring on Windows with version 2006 and build number 12827.20000 or newer.
Collaborate with others:
- When you need to work with others, you want to do it right away. Office’s best collaboration experiences are delivered when you store and work with files in the cloud. When you need to work with others, you now have the option to share Office files when you create and save them to OneDrive. By doing so, you make the file available to others immediately, allowing you to start collaboration right away.
How to use:
- When you create a file and save it to OneDrive, the option to Choose Collaborators will be enabled.
- Create a file.
- Click the Save button or press CTRL+S.
- Choose a location to save the file on OneDrive.
- In the Choose Collaborators field, start typing the name or the email address of the person you want to share with and select their name on the list.
- Repeat step 4 until you’ve added all the people you want to share with.
- Choose the pencil button to the right of the Choose Collaborators field.
- Choose the type of access you want people to have (Can edit or Can view-only).
- Click the Save button.
- When you receive the Link sent confirmation, you’ll know your document has been saved and sent to the people you chose.