Microsoft has released the August Feature Update for Power BI Desktop application. This release includes the What if feature, which was previewed in the Data Insights Summit keynote back in June.
Microsoft has also added more features for the table and matrix visual, including a formatting option to show values on rows of your matrix. Additionally, several new analytics features, such as symmetry shading and ratio lines for scatter charts are also part of the update.
For a summary of the major updates, you can watch the following video:
Here’s the complete list of August updates:
- Show values on rows for matrix
- Color scales on font colors for table & matrix
- Custom subtotal settings per level of matrix
- Line styles and legend options
- Scatter chart performance improvements
- New custom visuals
- What if parameters
- New scatter chart analytics features
- New quick measure: weighted average
Download Power BI Desktop (v2.49.4831.521) Set-up