Microsoft mentioned pushing Windows 10 Mobile Build 15254.248 to those on Fall Creators update, it pushed Build 15254.249 (10.0.15254.249) instead to Fast and Slow rings. We just received Build 15254.249 on our Lumia 640 XL and as we write about it, the download is going on. Check the screenshot above.
The changelog for the Build 15254.249 may be similar to Build 15254.248 and we are providing it below. In case there are any changes we will keep you updated.
Windows 10 mobile Build 15254.249 Changelog:
Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update.
- This build includes all the improvements from KB4074592 (Check the changelog below)
- Addresses issue where the touch screen would remain unresponsive. In most cases, using the Power button to turn the screen off and on restores responsiveness. Occasionally, at startup, the touch screen would remain unresponsive, and the only recovery mechanism was to restart the phone.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses issue with a fragment identifier contained in links opened using the Enterprise Mode Site List to redirect from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer.
- Addresses issue with scrolling through customer applications in Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses a script-related issue that caused Internet Explorer to stop working in some cases.
- Addresses issue with launching files using linked shortcuts in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses issue with rendering graphics elements in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses issue in Internet Explorer where pressing the Delete key inserted a new line in input boxes in an application.
- Addresses issue where some users may have experienced issues logging into some websites when using third-party account credentials in Microsoft Edge.
- Updates time zone information.
- Addresses issue where telemetry data couldn’t be uploaded using UTC because of networking environments that prevent access to the necessary CRL servers.
- Addresses issue where the certutil.exe -MergePfx feature couldn’t produce a merged EPF file for multiple V1 certificates.
- Addresses issue where MMC application snap-ins—such as Services, Local Policy Admin, and Printer Management—fail to run when Windows Defender Application Control (Device Guard) is turned on. The error is “Object doesn’t support this property or method.”
- Addresses issue where booting with Unified Write Filter (UWF) turned on may lead to stop error 0xE1 in embedded devices, particularly when using a USB HUB.
- Improves performance of Intel processors that have Hardware P-States (HWP) enabled.
- Addresses issue where customers sometimes see the error message “Something went wrong” after completing the out-of-box experience.
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Windows Search component, Windows Kernel, Device Guard, Windows storage and file systems, and the Common Log File System driver.