Microsoft has released a new official tool for checking Windows PCs for compatibility with memory integrity (HVCI). The tool will detect any compatibility issue present on the PC that can impact memory integrity also known as hypervisor-protected code integrity (HVCI).
You go to download the tool by following the below link. There are two separate versions of the Memory integrity scan tool for AMD and ARM processor powered PCs. One needs to download the correct “hvciscan.exe” file as per the PC configuration.
Microsoft recommends running the hvciscan.exe file from an elevated command window or PowerShell, once downloaded.
Memory integrity scan tool Details:
Memory integrity scan tool
Important! Selecting a language below will dynamically change the complete page content to that language.Language:EnglishTool to check devices for compatibility with memory integrity (HVCI)
- Note: There are multiple files available for this download. Once you click on the “Download” button, you will be prompted to select the files you need.Version:
Security bulletins: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/oem-hvci-enablement
- Use the hvciscan.exe to check for compatibility issues with memory integrity, also known as hypervisor-protected code integrity (HVCI).
- Supported Operating System
Windows 11, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2022
- Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server 2016 or higher
- Download the hvciscan.exe for your system architecture (AMD64 or ARM64). From an elevated command window or PowerShell, run hvciscan.exe. Review the resulting output to identify any incompatibilities.