In a constant move to empower and help developers, and those who are trying to get their hands dirty with the Windows Universal Platform for the first time, Microsoft has updated the UWP Community Toolkit to v1.2.
UWP Community Toolkit is a collection of helper functions, custom controls, and app services that can be used to build UWP apps for any Windows 10 device, including PC, Mobile, Xbox, IoT and HoloLens. So, if you are not a developer this might seem weird.
Here is a quick rundown of improvements and fixes.
- New Helpers. we worked on providing 7 new helpers to help with everyday tasks:
- BackgroundTaskHelper to help you work with background tasks
- HttpHelper to help you deal with HTTP requests in a secure and reliable way
- PrintHelper to help you print XAML controls
- DispacherHelper to help you work with tasks that need to run on UI thread
- DeepLinkHelper to simplify the management of your deep links
- WebViewExtensions to allow you to bind HTML content to your Webview
- SystemInformation to gather all system information into a single and unique class
- New Controls
- We introduced a new control named MasterDetailView that helps developers create master/detail user experiences
- Updates. We updated the following features:
- ImageCache was improved to provide a more robust cache
- HeaderedTextBlock and PullToRefreshListView now accept ContentTemplate customization
- Facebook service now supports paging when requesting data
- Renamed BladeControl to BladeView. BladeView now also derives from ItemsControl. This will allow for more common convention like data binding and will make the control aligned with SDK naming. To guarantee backward compatibility, we kept the previous control and flagged it as obsolete. This way, developers can still reference the new version and everything will work just fine. A compiler warning will just encourage you to use the new version. The current plan is to keep obsolete classes until next major version and then remove them.
You can learn more about the release here
Download the package from here