Microsoft has released a new Build to the Insiders in the Fast ring. The Windows 10 Build 18353 brings nothing new to the table but comes with tons and tons of bug fixes. You can read the official changelog below.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- Microsoft has enabled microphone in Windows Sandbox, which among other things with improve several accessibility scenarios.
- Microsoft has added functionality to configure the audio input device via the Windows Sandbox config file.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue in which the Windows Sandbox time zone was not synchronized with the host.
- Microsoft has enabled the Shift + Alt + PrintScreen key sequence in Windows Sandbox which activates the ease of access dialogue for enabling high contrast mode.
- Microsoft has enabled the ctrl + alt + break key sequence in Windows Sandbox which allows entering/exiting fullscreen mode.
- Microsoft fixed a recent issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bug checks upon lid close, monitor plug, or monitor unplug.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in preferred region settings getting reset on upgrade in the last few flights.
- Microsoft fixed an issue resulting in the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
- Microsoft fixed an issue in memcpy that caused some drivers to hard-hang the system on load; this could manifest as a hang on upgrade, depending on the system.
- Here’s the latest on trying out Microsoft’s new Windows gaming technology:
- Still haven’t had a chance to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time)? More slots are available again! Whether you’ve tried it in earlier builds or haven’t had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need.
- Installed the Insider version of State of Decay already? We’ll be trying out an update later To get it, launch the Store app, click […] and then “Downloads and Updates”. Once installed, you shouldn’t see any difference in the game – it’s just a test update – but please let us know if anything doesn’t work!
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. Microsoft is partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Microsoft is continuing to investigate feedback in the night light space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. Microsoft is investigating the issue.
- Microsoft is investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.