Microsoft today has released a new Insider Preview Build in for the Fast ring Insiders. With the new Build 18356, you will be able to test app mirroring from Your Phone app. Otherwise, 18356 does not have much to offer. However, it brings tons of bug fixes, and performance improvements. You can read the official changelog below.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed a Microsoft Edge crash encountered when interacting with combo boxes in PDF forms.
- We fixed an issue that could result in night light being on after an upgrade, even though all the settings showed that night light should be off.
- We fixed an issue where using the slider to adjust the night light strength could result in night light getting stuck on.
- We fixed an issue where night light was skipping the fade transition when it was turned off (manually or scheduled).
- We fixed an issue resulting in increased battery drain while the screen was on in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the “…” menu contents being clipped for certain apps like Voice Recorder and Alarms and Clock when the app was full screen.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bugcheck green screens citing a KERNEL_SECURITY_VIOLATION error.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We’re investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.