Microsoft revealed the latest Windows Mixed Reality features which are coming this spring. This feature is available for Fast ring insiders with the Insider Preview Build 17115.
The upcoming features include a brand-new environment which brings Skyloft for you to customize and expand your MR experience. Also, include haptic feedback support for SteamVR games and more. Check out the full changelog below.
- A brand-new environment. In October we mentioned that the Cliff House was the first of many environments you’ll be able to enjoy in Windows Mixed Reality, and now we’re rolling out the Skyloft for you to customize and expand your MR experience. You can navigate there by selecting Places on the Mixed Reality Start menu.
- As requested, we’ve added haptic feedback to the motion controllers for SteamVR games!
- We’ve improved performance in SteamVR games with significantly lower video RAM usage. We’ve also improved the performance of live video preview in the Mixed Reality Portal on desktop.
- You can now take mixed reality photos directly from your controller by holding the Windows button and then tapping the trigger. This works across environments and apps except for capturing content protected with DRM.
- The automatic performance settings have been updated to provide an optimized experience, and we’ve added a new setting to override the default in Settings > Mixed Reality > Headset display.
- Setup now provides more detailed information about common compatibility issues with USB3.0 controllers and graphics cards.
- Many more improvements that the team has been hard at work on!
This build also contains fixes for the two blocking issues in our previous flight, as well as reliability and fit and finish improvements. We are still working on few known issues related to Inbox Apps launching and tracking being lost in some sleep/update scenarios.