Microsoft gave us a glimpse of the Whiteboard app running on Windows 10 in the last year. And now it seems the company is confident about the app as it is now rolling out the education focussed Whiteboard EDU app on Windows 10 and iPad worldwide. The company did the announcement yesterday at the EDU event in London.
Whiteboard for education is almost the same as the Whiteboard that we have on Windows 10 but keeps itself separate by being mainly education focussed. You can read more about the Whiteboard app here.
Here is a quick summary of what the Whiteboard EDU is all about:
- Teachers can pick up where they left off and never waste time getting back into a lesson, by securely saving boards to the cloud.
- Use education-themed stickers with your students to collect poll responses and give feedback in real time.
- Export your board directly to OneNote Class Notebooks for safekeeping
- Change Whiteboard’s background to a variety of new colors (including blackboard mode!) and reduce eye strain on large devices
- Increase the readability of quickly-jotted notes with Ink Beautification, which analyzes handwriting and automatically replaces it with more legible strokes
- you can convert pictures of your notes into real digital ink with Ink Grab, making the move from analog to digital seamless
Microsoft did not talk about whether they are planning to bring this app to other platforms like Android. We will keep you posted once make such announcements.