Microsoft has released a new Microsoft Edge Build
Check the full changelog below.
- Added the ability to install themes from the Google web store.
- Added a flag to that will allow the Backspace key to navigate a webpage back (or forward when combined with Shift). This flag is currently disabled by default and needs to be manually enabled.
- Added an option in settings to turn off suggestions from history and favorites when searching in the address bar.
- Added website permissions for virtual and augmented reality.
- Added a link between the Passwords Settings page and the Password Monitor Settings page.
- Added a management policy to Save Cookies When Microsoft Edge Closes. Note that this policy is intended to be used in conjunction with policies to clear data when the browser is closed, and administrative templates will be updated later.
- Fixed an issue where typing into the address bar sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where closing a tab sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where switching tabs sometimes crashes Edge on Insider versions of Windows.
- Fixed an issue where visiting certain sites in IE mode tabs sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where tabs sometimes crash upon loading.
- Fixed an issue where logging into a site with a password saved in Edge sometimes crashes the tab.
- Fixed an issue where using System Restore causes Edge to no longer be able to launch.
- Fixed an issue where pinning a website to the Taskbar sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where the certificate viewer doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where fullscreen videos sometimes don’t display properly. Instead of entering fullscreen, they just zoom in and take up most of the browser window.
- Fixed an issue where the address bar sometimes stays in the “translating” state after translation of the webpage is complete.
- Fixed an issue where not all passwords are migrated from IE to Edge on versions of Windows older than 10.
- Fixed an issue where websites pinned to the Taskbar don’t have their badging when they’re supposed to. (The badging is the text/number that sometimes appears on shortcut to tell the number of unread messages, etc.)
- Fixed an issue where items sometimes aren’t added to Collections correctly.
- Fixed an issue where ctrl + F sometimes leave highlighting on a page.
- Improved the UI when installing PWAs.
- Removed the keyboard shortcut for Save As on PDFs (ctrl + shift + S).
- Removed the ability to use Collections in Guest windows.
- Obsoleted the Safe Browsing Allow List Domains management policy since it’s been superseded by the SmartScreen Allow List Domains.