Microsoft has rolled out a new Windows 10 Build for those in Xbox One Alpha Ring. The Build version is rs3_release_xbox_dev_ 1804.180403-1920 and it will begin rolling out at 2.00 p.m. PDT and will become mandatory shortly after that.
Coming to what this build brings, we can see many fixes and performance improvements in the changelog shared officially.
- Predictive text is now working when using the Official chat pad or a USB keyboard.
- We have resolved the issue Guide staying on the screen or being blank when exiting a game or app.
- Fixes for when quitting a game or app via the guide you will no longer see a black screen.
Instant on – System updates
- Fixed an issue in with system updates were not being automatically applied when the console was idle overnight and not in user.
- Fixed issues with localization when configuring the Elite controller.
Mixer Crowd Control
- Fixed an issue when a user who needs copilot tried to use “share controller” on Mixer the feature would not function for them.
- Netflix has released an app update to ensure that 1440p mode works on a monitor.
- We fixed the issue with party chat failing when Guide is dismissed.
- Fixed an issue in with some users were being logged out instantly after logging in.
- Fixed issues in with Users could not download temporarily Free To Play games from the My Games and Apps (Ready to install – RTI) and Gold sections without having ever seen the ESRB rating and description of the app/game.
- Fixed issues in which a user would try to launch the Store via the App such as the Dolby digital app (to purchase a license or content) and the store would not load.
- Fixed a new issue in with system stability that could result in Home/apps or games crashing when running multiple apps/games.
- Fixed issues with Wi-Fi in which some users would turn the console on and not connecting or seeing your Wi-Fi network.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Some users are reporting when quitting a game or app via the guide Home is not loading and you see a black screen.
- Hulu app volume is lower and the Hulu team is working on an app update.
Audio Issues Help Needed
- We need your help if you are experiencing any audio issues on the console!
- If you experience any loss of audio on Home or in games and apps please use Report a problem and provide as much detail as possible please including:
- TV make and model
- Audio receiver or headset make and model
- Duration and frequency of the issue (How long did the issue occur? How often?)
- A video of the issue including audio if possible – please post a link to the video in your bug or we can direct message you for it.